Want to contribute to Family Good Things? Great! We’d love to hear from you. Here are a few things you’ll need to know:
We care about families!
- Our primary goal is to strengthen families. Article topics may include anything that will help marriages, parenting, or family life in general.
- In order to help families grow stronger, we recommend leaving readers with a challenge or a few specific action items they can implement.
- Although many Family Good Things contributors are religious, these articles are intended for everyone, religious or not. As such, please avoid including explicitly religious content.
We care about credibility!
- Contributors must either be pursuing or already have a college degree in a social science (e.g. family studies, human development, sociology, etc.).
- Submissions must contain hyperlinks to relevant research. We recommend having at least two sources of data in the article. If you make a claim, be sure to back it up. 🙂
We care about readability!
- Articles should be scannable and easy to read. This includes using multiple subheadings, short paragraphs, bullet points, etc.
- Make it fun! Start off with a good hook. Include stories, visuals, video clips, etc.
- We recommend using a conversational style of writing. The more real your writing is, the better.
- Submissions must be between 500 and 1000 words.
Feel free to browse through our past blog posts for examples (www.familygoodthings.com/blog/).
While we appreciate your submissions, contributions will not be compensated. We also will only post material that is previously unpublished.
Please email any submissions to [email protected]. Include a 2-3 sentence bio and a picture of yourself with the submission. Submissions are not guaranteed to be published. We will let you know within one month if your article will be published on our site.